Now Accepting Applications for
SCOA Japan Summer Junior Camp Counselor Position
Open to current high school sophomores, juniors and seniors
For over 15 years, SCOA has been bringing American athletes and cheer dancers
to Japan for a truly unique cultural exchange with Japanese students
- SCOA Internship Brochure
- Past Counselors Bios
- Counselors’ Reflections
Counselors in the NewsClaire’s Oregon blog
- Links -
Open to High School Athletes and Cheerleaders!
- Open to current high school sophomores, juniors and seniors who participated in a team sport, cheer or dance in high school
- Camp is conducted in English but fluency in Japanese is a plus
- Opportunity to work side by side with senior counselors who are D1 athletes from such top universities as UCLA, USC, University of Washington, University of Utah, University of Colorado, Oregon State University and University of California
- Gain new skills in a cross-cultural environment such as leadership, teamwork, effective communication, and problem-solving
- A unique experience that will differentiate you in your college application and resume
- Transportation to camp and food & lodging at camp are covered
Who are SCOA Campers?
Most of the Japanese elementary and junior high campers are beginners in English, so nonverbal communication is important. The universal language of sports is ideal for communicating and making friends!
SCOA – more than a Sports Camp!
SCOA brings the American summer camp experience to Japan. Sports include football, soccer, cheer dance, ultimate frisbee and basketball, but campers also experience activities such as capture the flag, water balloon toss, potato sack race, talent shows, skits, friendship bracelets, campfires, S’mores and more!
SCOA’s mission is to be a bridge between Japanese and American students so they can share their cultures, broaden their views and appreciate their differences. SCOA accomplishes this by bringing American athletes and Japanese campers together in an American camp setting in Japan.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com